Sunday, November 19, 2006

Memorial Ride

Thanks to everyone who came out today in memory of BK. The ride was even better than I could have imagined and I was thrilled to see so many people out to show their support. The cycling community in Alberta really came through and showed what a great group of people they are and how much Brian meant to them.







These last couple of weeks have left me feeling pretty burned out. I've been busy dealing with the loss of a good friend and then doing everything I can to help out. Part of my nature is to organize when I'm stressed/upset so being able to help Graeme organize the memorial ride was great therapy for me. I really hope that Brian's friends and family enjoyed the event; it was the least that we could do to show our respect for our dear friend.

This feeling of burn out I have is pretty severe and as a result I am going to be taking a full and complete break from the blog world for awhile. I will concentrate on spending quality time with my friends and family instead of living in the blogosphere. While many good things come from blogs and blogging, think of Reid's awesome work keeping us all up to date, for the most part I have found that it is nothing more than a time suck and that "blog people" aren't worth my time. I do have many fine friends who happen to blog but they are my friends first and bloggers second. If I wanted phony friends I'd play World of Warcraft but since that is not my aim, I'm outta here.

Catch you in the real world.



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*sigh* Bye Blog Boy....

This doesn't absolve you of your requirement to keep me informed about things, ok?

I have an email address...and I am glad you'll be back in Texas to see your lovely wife soon! I do plan on saying 'HI' while you're here, ok?

11:46

 
Blogger MB said...

Take a break, buddy. We all seriously need one. I'm thinking of laying off the blogging for awhile as well.

11:16

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2006 The Experience | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without permission.